Sustainability and CSR
Doing the right thing
As a business, Lyreco wants to reduce its impact on the environment. We also want to play a positive role in reversing many of the challenges the planet faces, from climate change to natural resource depletion.
We know that our customers feel the same way. They want to benefit from a working environment that brings a tangible, positive contribution to people and to the planet.
As such, sustainability is a core part of our business strategy as well as our CSR strategy. We are as focused on sourcing green and ethically sourced products as we are on ensuring they are high-quality, competitively priced and can be delivered to homes or offices whenever you need them.
Our ongoing commitment
Our ongoing sustainability work includes:
- Providing sustainable workplace solutions
- Ensuring ethics and compliance in all the countries where our suppliers operate
- Minimising packaging
- Developing environmentally-friendly processes from ordering to delivery to product end-of-life
- Great for the Planet, Great for People labels.
WHAT WE’RE DOING
How we’re doing
It’s easy to talk a good talk, but we want to show the real-world results of Lyreco initiatives.
of UK Lyreco sites have achieved Zero Waste to Landfill targets.
of employees are women
of our Lyreco Senior Management Team are women
reduction in electricity purchased from the grid. In 2021, we generated 2.8 Million kWh of green energy from our 13,860 solar panels, helping to reduce the energy we buy.
reduction in fleet CO2 emissions between 2010 and 2021.
increase in the percentage of sustainable and/or socially responsible products in our catalogue from 2021 to 2022.
- All UK Lyreco sites have achieved Zero Waste to Landfill targets.
- In 2021, 849 products were defined as compostable/degradable.
- 33% of employees are women.
- 25% of our Lyreco Senior Management Team are women.
- 3.7% of employees (FTE) are from black, Asian or other ethnic minorities.
- 14% of managers have completed equality, diversity and inclusion training since 2020.
- Lyreco were awarded the Good Business Charter accreditation in September 2021.
- 8 Mental Health First Aiders trained since 2019 with a further four planned for 2022.
- All members of our Senior Management Team trained in Mental Health Awareness over half a day in January 2020.
- 2,459 products that were classed as sustainable using our Great For the Planet, Great for People labels, either through their packaging, product manufacturing or sustainable accreditation.
- We increased the percentage of sustainable and/or socially responsible products in our catalogue by 50% from 2021 to 2022.
Reducing our global impact
- In 2021 we generated 2.8 Million kWh of green energy from our 13,860 solar panels, helping to reduce the electricity we buy from the grid by 99% between 2010 and 2020.
- Our initiatives and improvements on heating efficiencies have reduced our gas usage by 20% between 2010 and 2021.
- Purchased 17 electric vans for our London multidrop operation.
- Fleet CO2 emissions were reduced by 58% between 2010 and 2021.
- We have several on-site beehives, a 640-pot green wall, and bird boxes around the site.
- We’ve given £300,000 since 2018 to a local social enterprise that supports mentally and physically disabled people get back into work.
- Since 2015, we have donated £45,000 per annum to Scottish Autism.
- We have supported over 64 local charities throughout the UK and Ireland either through donations or sponsorship since 2016.
- We have supported Children in Need for the last 18 years, lending them our Telford customer services call centre replete with volunteers from across the organisation: head office, warehouse and sales employees.
*All figures correct at 9th February 2022.