Students from University College London visit Lyreco HQ
As part of the Telford BESST (Business Environmental Support Scheme Telford) Lyreco UK and AceOn Group hosted a visit of 60 MSc students from the University College London in three separate groups. This has been the 3rd year running that Lyreco UK has supported the development of these MSc students showing real-world sustainability examples. The Lyreco Eco-Future sustainability policy, activities and achievements were presented with a tour of our roof top solar PV system and warehouse afterwards. We had excellent engagement from the students who wanted to know more about:
- How we have managed to reduce our carbon footprint by 24% since 2010
- How we implemented energy savings to achieve 34% reduction in the last 7 years
- How is our journey to implement circular economy principles
- How we re-use 55% of all waste we produce
- How we have achieved 14% fuel per delivery savings in the last 5 years
- How we carry out our social compliance audits for Lyreco branded products
- How the 14000 solar PV system was set up
Overall, the event was a great success with a very engaged audience who had a number of challenging questions for both Manel Roura, the Quality, Safety & Sustainability Manager and Jake Jones, the Quality Safety and Sustainability Coordinator at Lyreco who did their best to answer.
Manel Roura said about the event: “At Lyreco UK, we have a clear commitment to adding social value in our business and this is what we do every day. Community is embedded in our Eco-Future policy and this visit demonstrates that we talk the talk and walk the walk, promoting what we believe will change society, and showing that we are working together for tomorrow.”
The event is just one of a number of activities which Lyreco UK & Ireland commit to every year as part of our Eco-Future strategy. If you would like to learn more about our ongoing efforts you can read our latest Eco-future bulletin here.