GDPR and data management solutions
Staying gdpr compliant in 2022
Navigating the ever-changing legal landscape with a little help from your Lyreco experts.
At Lyreco, we specialise in delivering the best solutions for every workplace in the most sustainable way. We aim to provide you with everything you need, whether your workplace is the office, home, warehouse or call centre.
With the many other issues that the country has faced over the past few years, you may have missed the fact that the UK GDPR law has changed. However, staying on top of GDPR regulations is vital if you are to avoid facing hefty fines.
What has changed?
When the UK left the EU on January 1st 2021, the UK was no longer under EU’s GDPR jurisdiction and adopted its own UK General Data Protection Regulation which sits alongside the DPA 2018 (Data Protection Act).
The UK GDPR is legislation designed to protect the rights and freedoms of UK citizens and applies to the handling of personal data. Personal data is any data relating to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Read more about GDPR, including advice for businesses.
Our expertise in GDPR
Lyreco carries a range of services to ensure your business is GDPR-compliant, backed by up-to-date knowledge and expertise in GDPR legislation.
Our GDPR solutions
As GDPR specialists, your Lyreco team and our expert partners can deliver security solutions to cover you, your colleagues and every corner of your workplace.
We provide your teams with the supplies they need while helping your business stay compliant, from shredders and privacy filters to data storage and locks.
Browse our GDPR solutions below or get in touch for a consultation.
Your data is growing every day. This is why it’s essential that your business has a complete data management solution in place – one that protects your data at every stage of your documents’ lifecycle. Lyreco is your single-source partner for all your data and documents. We offer secure off-site storage of all your business-critical documentation with online management and a wide range of retrieval options.
- Document storage
- Tape and media storage
- Cloud storage
- Boxes, files and deeds, private vaults
- Data protection services/RM compliance
- Online file tracking
- 100+ storage facilities in 44 locations across seven UK regions
- GPS-tracked collections and deliveries from storage facilities near you
- Secure storage with 24/7 security entry systems and CCTV
- A stable environment with temperature and humidity control
- Desktop control through online tracking software
- Audit trails and proof of an unbroken chain of custody
Access to data is as important as storage. With Lyreco, you can access your data more efficiently through our document scanning service – making paper digital. Your files are kept in secure off-site storage and can be immediately scanned on request for instant access where the physical file is not needed.
- Document scanning
- Document management
- Digital mailroom
- Digital workflows
- Research data capture
- Four specialist scanning centres across the UK and the latest and largest fleet of scanners in Europe
- Digitise live files or archive documents to make them fully searchable, indexed and electronic
- Detailed audit trail for every document within our possession
- All our policies and procedures are backed by a full range of accreditations
- We can help you access files quickly and securely.
No organisation can afford to underestimate the cost, to both their reputation and their bottom line, of information falling into the wrong hands. Our range of confidential storage services help customers stay compliant with retention and disposal deadlines and data protection regulations.
- End of life document shredding for files past retention date
- Regular or one-off collections from your business premises
- Transparent audit trail and certificates of destruction.
- 11 specialist shredding centres across the UK
- 170 collection and mobile shredding vehicles
- All of the shredded paper is baled and 100% recycled.
Learn more about our other recycling services
Alongside confidential paper destruction, we also offer a host of recycling solutions to help your business become more sustainable. Be sure to ask your Key Account Manager or contact our friendly Customer Care Team for more information: UK 0800 85 85 85, IRE: 1800 88 22 76.